- Thompson School District
- Facility Use
Facility Use Fee Distribution
All fees associated with using a district facility (except for personnel and equipment fees) is divided among several departments to offset the costs associated with the rental. The distribution percentages of the revenue are as follows:
- The school where the event occurs generally receives 50% of the facility use fees collected and 100% of any school equipment fees collected.
- The general fund account from which public utilities are paid (i.e., electricity, water and natural gas) will be credited with 25% of all facility use fees collected district-wide.
- The general fund account which funds facility maintenance services and energy management activities will be credited with 10% of the facility use fees collected district-wide.
- The life cycle replacement account which funds replacement of capital equipment in schools will be credited with 10% of the facility use fees collected district-wide.
- The general custodial account which funds custodial disposal materials (such as paper towels, plastic garbage bags and cleaning chemicals) will be credited with 4% of the facility use fees collected district-wide.
- The general fund account which funds the programmatic costs necessary to sustain the facility use system at the district level (e.g., forms, guides, etc.) will receive 1% of the total facility use fees collected district-wide.
- Fees for designated personnel who work rental events will be accrued centrally to be dispersed to staff members who submit time sheets for special event work and to cover payroll-related costs such as benefits and workers' compensation.