- Thompson School District
- Thompson School District
2021 Prom Information
Prom season is finally here! Thompson School District is pleased to announce that it has been granted a variance from the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment to host in-person prom events that are designed to help maximize safety for all visitors.
Each of the high schools will soon be sending a follow-up communication with more details about their event, including the date and time.
In the meantime, please review the following information, which includes important details required by county officials regarding each prom:
- No more than 500 people may be on-site at any given time. This number will be monitored by district staff.
- Only seniors are allowed to attend prom. Each senior may bring one guest who is either a senior or junior and who must be a student in Thompson School District.
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
- Individuals who are sick or demonstrating symptoms of COVID-19 will not be admitted into the event.
- All contact tracing protocols will be completed in partnership with the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment.
- All students and staff must submit to a temperature screening prior to attending the event.
- Students will be broken up into pods of 10. Members of each pod will be identified by school staff and students no later than 1 week prior to each school’s prom. Pod records will be maintained by school administration for 14 days after prom.
- Each pod will maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from another pod.
- Pod groups will be identified by a system developed by safety and security and building administration.
- Students may interact closer than 6 feet within their assigned pod.
- Entry into prom will be conducted in a manner consistent with social distancing protocols by utilizing spacing and multiple entrances.
- Masks must be worn at all times by all attendees and school staff.
- Seating for the event will be set in a socially distanced manner.
- Parent chaperones will not be allowed unless approved by the district’s Safety and Security team.
- Restrooms will be monitored by school staff at all times to prevent large gatherings.
- Restrooms will be cleaned every 30 minutes by district staff.
- Beverages and pre-packaged snacks may be served at prom. This will be done in a socially distanced manner and away from other activities at prom.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located at the entrance and throughout the venue.
- Security and school staff will continuously monitor and enforce social distancing and other safety measures.
- All volunteers and chaperones must submit to a Binax Rapid COVID-19 test. This process will be done in partnership with the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment.
- Individuals will not be able to submit any COVID-19 test for consideration that was conducted outside of Thompson School District or the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment.
- All testing information will remain strictly confidential and will only be used for safety purposes.
- Although it is not required, students are encouraged to take a COVID-19 Binax Rapid Test prior to prom. If students are symptomatic when they arrive for prom, they will not be allowed to attend.
Thompson Valley High School and Mountain View High School individuals will test from 4 p.m to 6 p.m. at TVHS on April 22. Berthoud High School and Loveland High School individuals will test from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at TVHS on April 29. Ferguson High School individuals will test at a time to be determined after event plans are finalized.
- No bags will be allowed into prom unless searched by Safety and Security or school administration.
- School Resource Officers will be on-site for general safety and support
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on events throughout the district and as a result, this year’s proms will have a very different structure compared to past years. Nevertheless, we are excited to welcome students to this year’s events and we greatly appreciate your support as we work to provide a safe venue for all.
Once again, further information regarding your school’s prom will be coming soon. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the TSD safety team at 970-613-5010.