- Garfield Elementary
Principal's Weekly Message
Good Afternoon Garfield Family!
Today marks two-weeks before we leave for Christmas Break and welcome in a new calendar year. We’re pleased to have a schedule this week that is calm, and perfectly set for teaching and learning. Next week we let go a bit and celebrate being a LISA school, celebrate P.R.I.D.E behavior, and have a spirit week to boot! Let’s talk about this week and next.
Arts Academy Registration is Open Through this Friday:
- Register between 11/28 & 12/14- Reservations are first come first served.
- Cost $5 per class
- 11 options (8 for3rd-5th graders & 5 for our primary students)
- Printmaking, pottery, drumming, watercolor collage, dance, creativity notebooks, photography, paper arts & painting
National PTA Reflections Contest:
- Today was the last official day for the contest, however, projects can still be turned in through Wednesday.
Holiday Food Drive:
- The holiday food drive has ended, and ya’all did a great job! It’s the largest pile of food I’ve seen in three years! Thank you for your generosity!
PTA Book Swap:
- The event is scheduled for next Tuesday 12/18. You can help prepare for it by sending in or bringing in books that have been well read in your home, and might be enjoyed now in another. There are tubs by the front door for donations.
The Schedule for the week:
- We still missed a lot of students today, there are bugs going around! Wash hands, drink water and get rest!
- Students who ride the bus will experience a practice evacuation drill
- Our 5th Graders have band
- Destination Imagination & Parent Café
- GES Choir after school
- No Friday Wrap-up this week
- Arts Academy registration closes
- 12/18- PTA book swap
- Spirit Week 12/17-12/21
- Monday - Dress all-in one-color day
- Tuesday- Tie and Scarf Day (dress your neck day)
- Wednesday- Hat/ Headband day! (your favorite cap, or head band)
- Thursday- Sports day! (any sport, any team)
- Friday- Holiday dress day! (ugly sweaters, socks, nice sweaters, anything holiday)
- Christmas Break 12/22-1/6
I would close by encouraging you (easier said than done of course) to not stress about big money spending and stress on the bank account this holiday season. Consider experiences and time they get to spend with you. It’s these we at school hear most about once the holidays have come and gone.
Have a great week everyone!