A STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) school
Our MISSION is to challenge and engage everyone in our learning community toachieve at high levels in preparation for our ever-changing world.
Our teachersand staff are passionate about providing a STEM-focused, hands-on curriculumthat challenges and engages our students in the areas of science, technology,engineering, and math while supporting literacy skills across all subjectareas.
Ivy Stockwell Elementary School offers a full range of rigorous educationalopportunities in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, literacy andsocial studies. We also provide Art,Music, Physical Education, and Spanish language instruction. ProblemBased Learning offers connected experiences between the home and theschool/community. Student skills are developed for social, political andeconomic participation in a diverse, interdependent and changing world.
Our STEM approach
- Science, engineering and technology each school day in addition to the other core content areas of literacy, mathematics and social studies
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Interdisciplinary instruction with real world application
- High academic and behavior standards
- Problem Based Learning
- Field and research experiences
- Partnerships with business, industry and higher education
Ivy Stockwell Elementary teachershave been trained in CELL and ExLL strategies and implement a balanced approachto teaching literacy.