2021-2022 Second-Round Open Enrollment Application - Opens April 2, 2021
First-Round Open Enrollment for 2021-22 School year is closed. If you would still like to open enroll to another Thompson School for the 2021-22 school year, Second-Round Open Enrollment will open at 8am on Friday, April 2, 2021. Please note that if you filled out a 2020-2021 Open Enrollment form in error and want to apply for the 2021-22 school year, you will need to complete a Second-Round Open Enrollment Application.
If you completed a First-Round Open Enrollment Application you can expect the following:
- Application Review and Notification from Requested School: In order of receipt, the principal (and in some cases other staff) will review your application to determine if there is space available and applicants meet the eligibility criteria.
- Letters of acceptance and/or denial will be sent to the mailing address provided in the application the week of March 15 - March 19, 2021.
- If applicants are not accepted, you will be placed on a waitlist, which will remain in effect for the duration of the school year. Applicants may reapply under school of choice/open enrollment for the following year. The choice/open enrollment process for the following year shall be conducted without considering the existing waitlist for the current year.
- If accepted, applicants must confirm in writing of their intent to enroll no later than Thursday, April 1, 2021. If no response is received, this will be deemed a decline of the acceptance and the space may be offered to the next applicant on the waitlist.
- Please continue with registration at your school of residence until you receive confirmation of acceptance at your school of choice. If your application is accepted, you will need to confirm to the school of choice that you still plan to send your child there. At that time your enrollment will be transferred.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention High Plains School, Winona Elementary, and Conrad Ball Middle School Families:
Last Spring, the TSD Board of Education approved attendance boundary changes, one of which impacts enrollment at High Plains School, Winona Elementary, and Conrad Ball Middle School. Please use the school locator tool to determine if your household is in the affected boundary area.
In cases where a school (HPS/WES/CBMS) affected by boundary changes is designated as open, the applicable school of choice/open enrollment procedures will be followed, with the exception that students previously enrolled at the school would have priority over new students. All K-7th students currently enrolled at HPS/WES/CBMS in the affected boundary area must open enroll, if they wish their child(ren) to remain at their current school. Current 7th grade students at High Plains School, Conrad Ball Middle School, and current 4th grade students at Winona Elementary School who would be moved to the Riverview PK-8 School attendance area by the boundary change will be able to open enroll back to their current school for their final year, whether the school was designated for open enrollment or not. These procedures were put into place so that students going into their last year at a school could complete that level at the same school. All other grade level open enrollments from the affected boundary area (K-3rd at WES, K-6th at HPS, and 6th at CBMS) will be determined based on availability of space and staffing at each grade level.
Refer to Board Policies on Admissions and Open Enrollment: JF, JF-E, JFBA/JFBB, and JFBA/JFBB-R.
In accordance with policy AC, Thompson School District does not discriminate in open enrollment on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, national origin, religion, ancestry, ethnicity, disability and/or any other status protected by law.
The district’s Section 504/Title II Coordinator/Compliance Officer is designated to assist the district, specific to students, with its response to complaints of discrimination and/or harassment on the basis of disability. The contact information for the Coordinator/Compliance Officer is:
Director of Student Support Services
Thompson R2-J School District
800 South Taft Avenue
Loveland, CO 80537
Complaints alleging discrimination and/or harassment against students may be filed directly with the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1244 Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, 303.844.5695, OCR.Denver@ed.gov.
De acuerdo con la política AC, el Distrito Escolar de Thompson no discrimina en el proceso de inscripción abierta sobre la base de raza, color de piel, sexo (incluido estado civil), orientación sexual, país de origen, religión, ascendencia, etnicidad, discapacidad y/o cualquier otro estado protegido bajo la ley.
El encargado del cumplimiento/coordinador de Sección 504/Título II del distrito se encarga de apoyar el distrito en su respuesta a denuncias de discriminación y/o acoso presentadas específicamente por estudiantes sobre la base de una discapacidad. La información de contacto del encargado del cumplimiento/coordinador es:
Director de Servicios de Apoyo Estudiantil
Distrito Escolar de Thompson R2-J
800 South Taft Avenue
Loveland, CO 80537
Las denuncias de discriminación y/o acoso contra estudiantes se pueden someter directamente a la Oficina de Derechos Civiles, Departamento de Educación de los Estados Unidos, 1244 Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, 303.844.5695, OCR.Denver@ed.gov.