LEMS Attendance Information
It is the goal of the school district to assist students in achieving good attendance since attendance is directly related to student success. Therefore, the following policy should be adhered to by students and families as we work together to assist students in achieving good attendance.
General Attendance Policy:All student absences are required to be called in to our attendance line (970.613.7690) by a parent or guardian. Absences not called in will be coded as unexcused. Students with unexcused absences will receive a written referral for each unexcused absence.If a student will miss more than 5 days of school due to family needs, a prearranged absence form needs to be completed and turned in prior to the absence.7 absences (excused or unexcused):
10 absences (excused or unexcused):
- A first attendance letter will be sent.
- A meeting with school personnell may be required.
- An attendance contract may be required.
- Absensces will now only be excused for medical reasons. This means students must be excused by our health office prior to missing school. or students must return with proper documentation from medical offices.
- A meeting with school personnel may be required. An attendance contract may be required. Referral to district truancy office and initiation of legal proceedings related to truancy may begin.
- A second attendance letter will be sent.