Executive Director - Early Childhood and Elementary Education
Personnel in Learning Services
The Department of Elementary Education will support overall district efforts to empower, challenge and inspire students, faculty, staff, parents, school leaders and community members to learn, achieve and excel.
Empower To Learn, Challenge to Achieve, Inspire to Excel
- Empowering & Developing Leadership
- Open and Honest Communication
- Integrity and Accountability
- Clarity of Purpose
- Respectful Relationships
- Collaborative Teamwork
- Fun and Celebration
The Department of Elementary Education provides overall oversight and leadership for each of the district’s 20 elementary schools. Under the direction and supervision of the Directors of Elementary Education, schools engage in a continuous improvement process to achieve the vision and mission of the district.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and aligned elementary education system that provides an effective, inclusive and equitable educational experience for all children.
- Provide leadership for the continuous improvement of the principal effectiveness.
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and coordination of the districts K-5 curricular, instructional and assessment strategies in collaboration with the other district directors.
Major Areas of Oversight and Responsibility:
- Principal evaluations
- Principal professional development
- Contact for parents and community regarding building level concerns
- School Effectiveness Plans
- Support for the accreditation of schools
- Student transfers and appeals
Programs and Education Options:
- International Baccalaureate
- Loveland Integrated School of Arts
- Title I
- Reading Recovery
- Elementary Spanish
- Summer School