Thompson School District Second Round for Open Enrollment application
for the 2021-2022 School Year is Closing on October 29th at 11:59 PM
Students wanting to Open Enroll to another Thompson School (other than your neighborhood school) for the current school year, use the link below for the Open Enrollment application. A separate application must be submitted for each student to each school you wish to attend.
Beginning October 30th, students who want to transfer to another TSD school, will use the School Transfer Request form that will be available online to complete and submit to the school you are requesting to attend.
Once you complete the Open Enrollment Application you can expect the following:
- Application Review and Notification from Requested School: In order of receipt, the principal (and in some cases other staff) will review your application to determine if there is space available and applicants meet the eligibility criteria.
- Letters of acceptance and/or denial will be sent to the mailing address provided in the application as they review applications
- If applicants are not accepted, you will be placed on a waitlist, which will remain in effect for the duration of the 2021-2022 school year.
- If accepted, applicants must confirm by replying to the acceptance email of their intent to enroll within 5 calendar days of the acceptance letter date. If no response is received, this will be deemed a decline of the acceptance and the space may be offered to the next applicant on the waitlist.
- Applicants may apply through the Choice Enrollment process for the following year when Round One opens on November 29, 2021.
- The Choice Enrollment process for the following year will be conducted without considering the existing waitlist for the current year.
- Please continue with registration at your school of residence until you receive confirmation of acceptance at your school of choice. If your application is accepted, you will need to confirm to the school of choice that you still plan to send your child there. At that time your enrollment will be transferred.
2021-22 Open Enrollment Timeline:
October 29th Open Enrollment Closes, applications will no longer be accepted
October 30th School Transfer Request Open
May 26th All school waitlists will be discontinued
If you have any questions, please email us at Choice.Enrollment@tsd.org
In accordance with policy AC, Thompson School District does not discriminate in open enrollment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, immigration/citizenship status, age, marital status, conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, genetic information, mental or physical disability, need for special education services, or any other protected class in conformance with federal, state, and local law. https://www.thompsonschools.org/cms/lib/CO01900772/Centricity/Domain/367/a/AC.pdf
The district’s Section 504/Title II Coordinator/Compliance Officer is designated to assist the district, specific to students, with its response to complaints of discrimination and/or harassment on the basis of disability. The contact information for the Coordinator/Compliance Officer is:
Exec. Director of Student Support Services
Thompson R2-J School District
800 South Taft Avenue
Loveland, CO 80537
Complaints alleging discrimination and/or harassment against students may be filed directly with the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1244 Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, 303.844.5695, OCR.Denver@ed.gov.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords parents and eligible students certain privacy rights with respect to educational records, including the right to inspect and review educational records, the right to request amendments to those records and to limit disclosure of information from the records. Please be aware that by submitting electronically or in hard copy your School Transfer Request, the Thompson School District (TSD) will maintain the document you provide, and, in accordance with FERPA and District policy, will only disclose information from it to school officials who have a legitimate educational interest in to communicating with you.