Child Find/Special Education
- The purpose of the Child Find program is to locate and identify preschool-aged children who live within the District boundaries and demonstrate significant delay in one or more of the following areas:
- Academic/Intellectual (early learning/concepts, thinking, problem solving, preschool access skills)
- Communication (articulation, language, fluency and voice)
- Motor (fine gross sensory)
- Hearing and vision
- Children can be referred to Child Find by a parent, doctor or other agency. The process may begin with a developmental screening and when appropriate, a comprehensive multi-disciplinary evaluation may be conducted to determine eligibility for preschool special education services.
- Child Find is available to families at no cost.
- Call Trish Hoffman, Child Find Coordinator, at 970-613-5762 with any questions.