We, as Peer Ambassadors, will strive to break down barriers and promote a positive environment by encouraging acceptance, growth, and trust in the school community.
Who are we?
- We are junior and senior students who work with the LHS school counselors to offer support and resources to our peers.
- We meet once a week during lunch or after school to receive information and training that will help us be effective in helping others.
- Note: Students cannot apply to be a Peer Ambassador until the second semester of their sophomore year.
What do we do?
- Mentor new students who come to LHS
- Help other students with school-related problems
- Speak at middle schools to assist 8th graders with their transition to high school
- Participate on a panel or do activities in freshman focus classes
- Lead 9th grade Orientation Day with the Student Council
- Present on school- and teen-related issues in Health classes
- Serve as a Loveland High School leader
What qualities should a peer ambassador have?
- Confident communicator
- Good problem-solver
- Team player
- Responsible and committed
- Relate well with a diverse group of people
B.I.O.N.I.C. (Believe It Or Not I Care) Team
The LHS Peer Ambassadors are starting an outreach program called the B.I.O.N.I.C. Team to support students and staff who are experiencing challenging times. We need your assistance. Please contact Mr. Brett Cain if you know of a student or staff member who is experiencing one of the following:
- An illness or health condition that results in absences from school for more than a week
- A death in the family
- A tragedy at another school
The Peer Ambassadors will follow up on the referral ASAP by reaching out to the student, staff member, and/or the family with a card and small gift to let them know we care. Thanks for your help!