Math Olympiad is a program that runs from October to March for 4th and 5th grades, meeting Tuesdays after school in Mrs. Hayden-Davis' room.
Please contact Mrs. Hayden-Davis
with any questions. The purpose of the program is to:
- stimulate enthusiasm and love for mathematics
- introduce important math concepts
- teach major strategies for problem solving
- develop mathematical flexibility in solving problems
- strengthen mathematical intuition
- foster mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- provide for the satisfaction, joy and thrill of meeting challenges
*First meeting will be October 30th due to Halloween*
The season will conclude March 30th as students participate in the Thompson School District Annual Math Square Off!