Welcome to the Ivy Stockwell Library!
Please click on Library Links on the left side.Thank you for stopping by!e-Books
Students can access and read books on a computer, e-reader (such as a Nook or Kindle), iPad, or even an iPhone.
How to Access Thompson School District e-books:
1. http://thompson.lib.overdrive.com (Sora)
a. Select Thompson School District R2J
b. Sign in using student ID and password
1. Click on “account” then “Bookshelf” to see which e-books you have out. You are allowed to borrow 3 e-books and put 3 on hold. Books are typically borrowed for 2 weeks. They will automatically be returned after that time…No Late Fees!
2. Use “account” to also view books on hold, books in your wish list, or to change settings.
3. You can now search books using the search box or by subject, collection or reading level.
4. To filter your search to show only books available now, select the “Available Now” filter on the left hand side of a collection. To filter your search to show books available in “Overdrive Read” format, select the “Format” filter, then “Overdrive Read”.
Selecting and Downloading e-books:
- Books that are available to be checked out will have a black book icon in the top right. Books with a white book icon are checked out, but you may request that they be put on hold for you.
- Click on the desired book.
- If the book is available, a “Borrow” option will appear. It will show the formats available. If the book is checked out, the “Borrow” button is not there, but you can ask for the book to be put on hold for you by clicking the “Place a Hold” button. It will prompt you for an email address so they can notify you when the book is available. It is against the law for children under 13 to disclose their email address. The first time they will ask for an age. Children under 13will need their parents to input their own age and email address for hold notifications.
To borrow a book, click “Borrow”.