Read Aloud Day is Tuesday, November 12
If you would like to read, please fill out this form to register.
Numerous Research Shows that Reading Aloud to Children…
- Promotes language development and early literacy skills
- Builds motivation, curiosity and memory
- Helps children cope during times of stress or anxiety
- Takes children to places and times they have never been which enlarges and enhances their perspective and thinking
- Helps children understand the world around them
- Creates a positive association with books and reading
To highlight the importance of reading aloud to children, every year in November Thompson School District celebrates Read Aloud Day. TSD staff organize community members to volunteer to read in classes at elementary schools for about 20 to 30 minutes on a designated day. It is an easy, but great opportunity to help children!