Board Member Responsibilities for the Edmondson Elementary PTA
By Volunteering to serve as any member of the board for the PTA you agree to follow the Edmondson Code of Ethics and to accept the responsibilities listed for that position. You may also be asked to assist in other ways as needed and to add volunteer hours to help fundraising or family nights run smoothly. Your time is always appreciated and will benefit the children and our community greatly.President
1. Shall preside at all meetings.
2. Coordinate the work of the officers and committees of the PTA in order that the purposes may be promoted.
3. Perform such other duties as may be provided for by the bylaws, prescribed by the parliamentary authority (the National and Colorado PTA), as well as the board of directors.
4. Appoint standing and special committee chairs with the approval of the board of directors, with the exception of the nominating and financial review/audit committee chairmen.
5. Appoint special committees, as needed, with the approval of the board of directors.
6. Contact the executive members to get input on what to add when writing an agenda.
7. Write the newsletter and send with the agenda to Tammy by the 25th of the previous month.Vice President
1. Serve as aid to the president.
2. Perform duties of the president in the president's absence or inability to serve.
3. Perform such other duties as may be provided for by bylaws, parliamentary authority or as directed by the president or the board of directors.
4. Assist in planning the PTA's family engagement/fundraising opportunities.
5. Communicate with volunteer coordinator for volunteer needs for family engagement/fundraising events.
6. Assist with PTA membership campaigns.Secretary
1. Attend monthly meetings and keep minutes accurate and up to date.
2. Keep files and paperwork in a safe place and organized.
3. Print monthly minutes and hand out for approval by PTA board.
4. Email minutes to Selected Edmondson Staff member to have them posted on the website.
5. Perform such other duties as may be provided for by bylaws, parliamentary authority or as directed by the president or the board of directors.
6. Be sure each member of the board has a current copy of the bylaws and receives updates as needed.
7. Assist other members of the board as needed.Treasurer
1. Make deposits with all documentation
2. Pay Bills, write checks, etc.
4. Prepare financial info for PTA meetings
5. At year end have an audit of books
6. At year end have tax return prepared and mailed
7. Send copy of return to CO PTA