A STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) school
Our MISSION is to challenge and engage everyone in our learning community to achieve at high levels in preparation for our ever-changing world.
Our teachers and staff are passionate about providing a STEM-focused, hands-on curriculum that challenges and engages our students in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math while supporting literacy skills across all subject areas.
Ivy Stockwell Elementary School offers a full range of rigorous educational opportunities in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, literacy and social studies. We also provide Art, Music, Physical Education. Problem Based Learning offers connected experiences between the home and the school/community. Student skills are developed for social, political and economic participation in a diverse, interdependent and changing world.
Our STEM approach
- Science, engineering and technology each school day in addition to the other core content areas of literacy, mathematics and social studies
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Interdisciplinary instruction with real world application
- High academic and behavior standards
- Problem Based Learning
- Field and research experiences
- Partnerships with business, industry and higher education
Ivy Stockwell Elementary teachers have been trained in CELL and ExLL strategies and implement a balanced approach to teaching literacy.