School Improvement Team (SIT)
SIT's responsibilities revolve only around the school improvement plan (SIP) as outlined in the school's site-based shared decision-making (SBDSM) model and derived from the district's strategic plan. The School Improvement Team (SIT) is composed of staff and parents as determined by state law. SIT's role is to:
· Observe mandated state law pertaining to school accountability.
· Recruit and educate new membership and elect officers.
· Create by-laws and adhere to them.
· Assist in the development of the SUIP.
· Align the SIP with the district's strategic plan.
· Monitor the progress toward goals identified in the SIP including mid-year and end of year reports.
· Initiate ongoing exchange of information with staff, District Advisory Committee (DAAC) and community.
· Evaluate the SIP at the end of the year to determine the success of the plan.
· Adjust and revise the SIP based on the changing needs of the student population as derived from testing/survey data.
· Evaluate building budget to reflect the SIP goals.