Ferguson High School, 1982 - 2009, Eisenhower BlvdFerguson High School, 2009 - 2020, Hilltop DriveFerguson High School, 2020 - current, 1811 W. 15th Street
Harold Ferguson High School was originally known as "Washington Alternative High School" from 1972 to 1981. In 1982, we moved to our second location at 804 East Eisenhower; we were there until January of 2009 when we moved to 1101 Hilltop Drive (formerly a Lutheran Church and School). Most recently, in August of 2020, we moved into a newly renovated building at 1811 W 15th Street. This makes FHS one of the oldest alternative, at-risk programs in the state of Colorado. We normally serve over 140 students. With the recent addition of other programs to FHS, such as Thompson Career Campus and TSD Options, we now serve 200 - 300 students at different times of the year.
Mr. Ferguson, originally the Principal of Loveland High School, realized that there was a need for students to have an alternative choice to the traditional high school setting. In particular, he was concerned about students who were having trouble at home, with the law, or who perhaps just needed a smaller school environment to achieve their goals.
Over 1,200 students have earned their high school diplomas from FHS. We have graduates who are CNAs, teachers, mechanics, musicians, electricians, managers, and active members of the US military.
In addition, we earned a $250,000 scholarship trust from the McKee Foundation, and many of our former students are positive members of the Loveland community, and the world at large.