Spelling Bees: It's more than memorizing letters
Our purpose is to help students improve their spelling, increase their vocabularies, learn concepts and develop correct English usage that will help them all their lives.
The Scripps Howard National Spelling Bee
Every year, one speller is crowned champion. How well do you know their winning words?
2019National Spelling Bee Winners:
Rishik Gandhasri, Erin Howard, Saketh Sundar, Shruthika Padhy, Sohum Sukhatankar, Abhijay Kodali, Christopher Serrao, and Rohan Raja
auslaut, erysipelas, bougainvillea, aiguillette, pendeloque, palama, cernuous, odylic
WORD CLUB: DIRECT ACCESS TO MATERIALS FOR SPELLERS
Through Word Club, the Bee now gives your parents and students FREE access to spelling and vocabulary materials for your classroom and school spelling bees.Parents will discover exclusive spelling and vocabulary content, including:
- Your school bee details (the "School Bee Information Form" must first be completed)
- School spelling bee study lists for your classroom and school bees
- Suggested Rules for Local Spelling Bees
- White Board Words, with language learning and insights from official Bee pronouncer and former champion Dr. Jacques Bailly
- More fun content to help your child prepare for the spelling bee
Parents can visit spellingbee.com and click on Word Club.
Questions? MaryPat Hayden-Davis