LHS Peer Ambassadors:
We, as Peer Ambassadors, will strive to break down barriers and promote a positive environment by encouraging acceptance, growth, and trust in the school community.
AMBASSADOR: A person who acts as a representative or promoter of a specified activity
Who are we?
We are junior and senior students who work with the LHS counselors to offer support and resources to our peers. We meet twice a month during lunch to receive information and training that will help us be effective in helping others.
What do we do?
- Mentor new students who come to LHS
- Help other students with school related problems
- Speak at middle schools to assist 8th graders with their transition to high school
- Lead 9th grade Orientation Day with the Student Council
- Present on school and teen related issues in Health classes
- Serve as a Loveland High School leader-in and out of school
What qualities should a Peer Ambassador possess?
- Confidence with communication
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Responsibility and commitment
- Ability to relate well with a diverse group of people
- Diversity and Culture
- Ability to listen
LHS Peer Ambassador Lettering Requirements:
- Attendance at meetings: >75%
- 9th grade transition day and training
- Healthy Relationships training
- Healthy Relationships presentations: Semesters 1 & 2
- Volunteer Service for at least 2 events including: Back-to-School night, Curriculum Fair, Registration Night, Athletics and Activities Fair or other events as arranged
- Attend 8th grade middle school transition visit
- Volunteer for at least 1 additional project (as needed): Welcome videos, new student tours, becoming a student mentor, “Freshman February” (we can reunite first day of school groups together!)
- Your own idea! :)