2020-2021 Back-to-School Information for Families
- In-Person Learning: 100% in-person learning, five days a week, grades PreK - 12.
- Remote Learning: Families have the option of remote learning, grades PreK - 12.
- Cohorts: Students will be grouped in cohorts during in-person learning.
- School Schedules: Currently being evaluated to adhere to physical distancing guidelines and other safety considerations. More information will be available by July 23.
- Food & Nutrition: Meal service program will be available during in-person learning. Students will eat in their classrooms or other designated areas to support physical distancing.
- Transportation: Bus transportation will depend on our number of riders and the strict orders from our county and state health partners. With the strict orders, we may not be able to accommodate transportation for all eligible riders. Face coverings will be required for those eligible riders.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
As schools re-open important safety guidelines have been established with our local County Department of Health. These guidelines will help our students and staff limit the exposure of COVID-19.
- 6' social distancing will be practiced to the fullest level possible. Students in classroom will be social distanced to the greatest extent possible.
- There will be requirements in place regarding the use of face coverings for staff and students. The extent of these requirements are still being developed by the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment.
- Symptom screening will be required for staff and students. The process for this will be developed with the health department this month.
- Regular sanitization hand washing.
- The sharing of supplies is not encouraged. If supplies (such as laptop computers) are shared, disinfection will need to take place between use.
- Increased building disinfecting in all high traffic areas and restrooms
- Use of common spaces - cafeteria, gymnasium, auditoriums - is prohibited for large and mixed-group use.
- Enhanced cleaning and decontamination of buildings and buses.
- Due to safety precautions, the use of playground equipment will not be accessible at the beginning of the school year.
If the closure of the district, individual schools, or specific groups of students is recommended by our Health officials due to a virus outbreak, we will be ready to serve students in a remote environment.
As the Recovery or back to school plan was developed the district worked with guidance from the Larimer County Health Department, CDE, and the Department of Education. The four content areas below help define the details needed to return to school.
- Academics - Defines all areas in academics k-12, and ESS
- Physical safety - Includes nutrition services, Transportation, and all aspects associated with school safety
- Business operations - Defines Human Resources and Financial services details
- Social-Emotional - Defines support for students during these times