Student teacher candidates (individuals enrolled in a teacher preparation program who are attempting to secure their culminating field experience) are required to submit a Thompson School District Student Teacher application in Applitrack. Requests to student teach in the district are only accepted from a sponsoring university/college. Student teachers are asked not to contact individual teachers or building administrators to obtain information for a student teaching placement.
The following information must be submitted to Thompson School District through Applitrack before a student teacher will be considered for placement:
- Select Student Teacher Pool on the online application
- Personal Information
- Educational information
- Cover Letter
- Respond to questions related to teaching
- School preferences
- You should not contact schools, principals, or teachers about student teaching
- Respond promptly to any communication you receive from the district
- Always keep your email contact information current
Once your application is complete and submitted, Thompson School District will organize all efforts between your university and placement opportunities within TSD schools to determine a specific student teaching placement. Successful completion of the Student Teacher Application does not guarantee placement.