DI Team Manager Resources
Are you interested in being a Team Manager? Are you a new Team Manager? A Returning Team Manager? A parent interested in getting your child involved in DI? Read below to learn more about DI, or download this DI First Look.
If you are already familiar with the DI program and ready to start a team, contact your building's sponsor or contact Jessica Bobbs to receive a team number.
The Destination Imagination Regional Tournament is Saturday, March 7, 2020, at Berthoud High School. Please verify the availability of your team members and families to attend this competition date prior to formally moving forward with your team.
2019-2020 Challenge Previews
Steps to Start a Team
- Find an adult that would be like to be the Team Manager
- Have volunteers register with Thompson's Vital Program
- Recruit up to 7 kids to be on your DI team
- Determine time and place for team meetings
- Communicate with your team parents about the meeting schedule
- Complete the Agreement for District Sponsorship
- Complete Destination Imagination Youth Protection Policies & Procedures (DI-YPPP)
- Register your team and access challenge resources
- Begin planning team meetings using the DI Roadmap
- Attend Team Manager Training
- Join the NoCo Canyon Facebook page for great tips, updates and more.
- Have a great season
Training Events - TSD
- Thompson District Contact: Jessica Bobbs
- DI Regional Coordinator - NoCo Canyon Region: Tanya Shimonek
- DI Colorado: Kate Donelan
Training and Webinar Events - All Colorado Training
- October 26, 2019 - Team Manager Training - Newbies
- October 26, 2019 - Team Manager Training - Advanced
- November 16, 2019 - Instant Challenge Training
- January 25, 2020 - Instant Challenge Training
New DI Youth Protection Policy ReleasedAs an organization that provides programs and events for youth, the commitment to safety is a top priority for DI, and we strive to provide every team member with the safest possible experience. New this season, Destination Imagination has developed and implemented a Youth Protection Policy.
The Destination Imagination Youth Protection Policies & Procedures (DI-YPPP) establishes the minimum standards of safety recommended for all DI activities, including team meetings, training classes for students, DI Regional, Affiliate and Global Finals Tournaments, and activities outside of tournaments. Adults working and volunteering for any Destination Imagination programs must understand, acknowledge and follow these standards. For more information and to download the DI-YPPP, click here.
Regional Challenge Masters
Engineering Challenge Nora Johnson Fine Arts Challenge Jes Cofran Improv Challenge Robert Moore Scientific Challenge Jennifer Douglas Service Learning Challenge Susan Kabat Technical Challenge Chris Bobbs Instant Challenge Bonnie DeFord Rising Stars Challenge Susan Dalgleish