Volunteer with Early Childhood
Family Engagement is an important part of our Early Childhood Program. We encourage families to volunteer in the classroom to see what the children are learning at school. Also, it is a great way to meet other parents/guardians. Be sure to go online to register at www.thompsonschools.org.
- Help with breakfast, lunch or snack
- Check out book bags
- Outdoor play/recess
- Help with music/movement time or small group activities
- Read books
- Read books in Spanish (or other language)
- Help translate for languages other than English
- Plan or help with classroom parties
- Serve on a parent committee
- Plan program-wide events
- Share your family’s culture
- Make photocopies
- Organize Scholastic book order
- File student’s work/other tasks
- Contribute items to a wish list
We are fortunate to have members in our community who wish to volunteer. Service organizations such as Read Aloud, Lions Club, Kiwanis Club and Philo are all active volunteers in our program, as well as individual community members who wish to share their time and talent with our youngest learners. All volunteers must register online at: www.thompsonschools.org.
Please contact Julie Lindsay, Family & Community Partnership Coordinator, at (970) 613-5053 if you have questions about volunteering in an Early Childhood classroom.