Thompson School District’s Student Leadership Committee (SLC) was created to encourage a student voice and identify outstanding individual student leaders in high schools. Students who earn the SLC designation have demonstrated exemplary leadership abilities and skills to represent Thompson School District and the student body.
TSD will provide participants with the opportunity to meet current district leaders and represent a student voice to connect with district departments, high schools and the greater Loveland community.
To apply, you will complete a few tasks focused on building your leadership knowledge and improving your skills. You'll also keep record of your activities by creating a personal student leadership portfolio and SLC members will receive .25 credit.
The portfolio will also serve as a valuable record of your achievements and commitment as a student leader, something you may refer to often when you're applying to college and for scholarships.
· Student applicants for SLC must be aware that attendance and active participation is mandatory.
· Applicants must have the support and commitment of their High School and administration. (The signature of your Principal is necessary for this application to be considered by the Advisory Committee)
· One monthly session each month, as well as one District Accountability Committee (DAC) meeting
Student Leadership Committee will consist of one monthly session. During the year, the session will be introduced to a variety of topics that includes:
- Orientation/Leadership Expectations
- Thompson School District department (MTSS/SRO/facilities/transportation/early childhood/ISTS/Video Communications/Administration-Elementary and Secondary, etc.)
- Leadership Development
- School Safety
- Extra curricular Activities
Applicants MUST submit the completed application to be considered.If you have additional questions please e-mail Jason Hanford at firstname.lastname@example.org